Written by JewishNewsTV Wednesday, 02 November 2011 16:34
Last Updated on Tuesday, 27 September 2011 18:40 Written by TFTI Tuesday, 27 September 2011 14:24
Segula for Parnossa: This Shabbos is Shlissel Challah Shabbos! - How to shape a challah like a key for Shlissel Challah
Last Updated on Thursday, 28 April 2011 07:58 Written by thekosherchannel Thursday, 28 April 2011 07:52
Written by administrator Thursday, 19 August 2010 17:34
2 envelops dry yeast
2 tsp. sugar
1/4 cup hot water
1 stick corn oil margarine, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 3/4 cups hot water
2 extra large eggs
7 cups unbleached flour (approximately)
1 egg yolk
1. Dissolve sugar and yeast in 1/4 cup hot water. Set aside; yeast is ready when it is rising and puffy.
2. Place margarine, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl; pour 1 3/4 cups hot water over them.
3. Crack eggs into large capacity food processor bowl with plastic dough blade, and pulse 30 seconds.
4. Add 1 cup flour and puffy yeast mixture to eggs. Pulse 30 seconds to blend.
5. Add margarine/sugar/salt/water mixture and 3 cups flour. Pulse 1 minute, scrape down sides of bowl, pulse 30 seconds more.
6. Add remaining flour, 1 cup at a time; pulse approximately 15-20 seconds after each addition. Dough will form a large, sticky ball around the blade. The food processor may not accommodate all 7 cups of flour.
7. Spread remaining flour or an extra 1/2 cup flour onto a board or pastry cloth. Turn dough onto floured surface.
8. Knead the dough 2 to 3 minutes, incorporating flour. Ready dough will form a smooth, round ball and will bounce back when lightly touched.
9. Grease a large bowl. Place dough in it, and cover with a towel. Set in a warm place to rise until double in size (1 to 2 hours).
10. Punch down the dough; remove from bowl onto floured board. Let it rest 5 to 10 minutes.
For 2 round loaves:
1. Divide dough in half. Divide each portion in half.
2. Roll one piece into a long, smooth strip. Coil this strip into a circle on a greased cookie sheet. Pinch the end under.
3. Divide second portion into 2 unequal strips, about 2/3 and 1/3. Roll into smooth strips.
4. Take the larger of the 2 and make a second coil on top of the first. Take the last piece and make a third coil on top.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix 1 raw egg yolk with 1 tsp. water; brush the loaves for a shiny crust.
2. Bake for 15 minutes to brown crust. Reduce heat to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and bake 15 more minutes (30 minutes total). Cool and remove from pans.
Written by administrator Wednesday, 11 August 2010 00:46
Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 August 2010 15:37 Written by administrator Wednesday, 04 August 2010 14:07
1.5 oz dry yeast
1 cup warm water
1 cup oil
1 cup honey
1/2 cup sugar
2 TBSP Salt
1 cup seltzer
2 cups water
14 cups flour
In small container place dry yeast with warm water and 1 TBSP sugar. Let rise.
Place the remain ingredients besides flour in a machine bowl or regular bowl. Once yeast is ready add it and continue kneading, then add the flour and knead an additional 10 minutes.
Once ready, put 2 TBSP oil on top of the dough and cover with dump cloth. Leave to raise.
Separate the challah with a brocho, braid it and bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.